The Kepler Sensor Platform enables:
- monitoring and visualizing field-deployed sensor sites and data streams
- controlling sensor sites manually or automatically (e.g. for event response)
- sensor data analysis, modeling, archival, and archive retrieval
- scheduling repeated jobs (e.g. sensor data archival, site status reports, QA/QC) for periodic, remote execution
- simulating sensor sites
The Sensor View Add-on Suite is the client portion of the Kepler Sensor Platform.
The Kepler Sensor Platform consists of a flexible set of components that may be partially or entirely adopted to help you manage sensor site deployments. A typical scenario has components installed in three areas:
1) Field Components: A PC running the Sensor Processing and Acquisition Network (SPAN) for datalogger or sensor communication, and a DataTurbine as on-site ring buffer.
2) Server Components: A server running a DataTurbine as buffer and data provider, Scheduler and Kepler Run Engine web services for periodic, remote workflow executions, and a Metacat repository for archiving sensor data and workflow run results.
3) Desktop Components: Desktop computers interacting with the Kepler Sensor Platform through the Sensor View 0.9 add-on suite for Kepler 2.3.