Call for Papers: 2nd Workshop on Advances in the Kepler Scientific Workflow System and Its Applications
at ICCS 2014
June 10 - 12, 2014
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
The Kepler Scientific Workflow System (kepler-project.org) supports the design, execution, and management of scientific and engineering workflows through dedicated capabilities including provenance management, run management and reporting tools, integration of distributed computation and data management technologies, ability to ingest local and remote scripts, and sensor management and data streaming interfaces. The Kepler software is developed and maintained by the cross-project Kepler collaboration, which is led by a team consisting of several of the key institutions that originated the project.
This workshop aims to bring researchers and developers contributing to Kepler together with informaticians and computational scientists using Kepler in order to communicate recent advances in Kepler and facilitate new development and collaborations.
The topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- State-of-the-art Kepler application examples and success stories
- Requirements from existing and potential Kepler communities
- Big data science in Kepler
- Best practices for using Kepler
- Comparison of Kepler with other workflow systems
- Kepler in educational environments
- New developments and modules in Kepler
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original, unpublished research and recent developments and theoretical considerations on the workshop topics by January 12th, 2014. The manuscripts can be prepared as research papers (up to 10 pages), demonstration or poster papers (4-6 pages) or vision papers (2-4 pages).
The submitted paper must be camera-ready and formatted according to the rules of Procedia Computer Science. Please use the templates (Word or Latex) provided on the EasyChair submission page through the link provided at the main ICCS 2014 call for papers (http://iccs2014.ivec.org/cfp.html).
- Full paper submission: January 31, 2014 (Extended from January 22, 2014)
- Notification of acceptance: February 10, 2014
- Camera-ready papers: February 28, 2014
- Author registration: February 10 - March 5, 2014
- Early registration: February 10 - April 25, 2014
- Conference: June 10 - 12, 2014
Ilkay Altintas, UC San Diego (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bertram Ludaescher, UC Davis (email@example.com)